To make finding a job easier, Adzuna brings all the jobs in Australia to the one place. This means we have the most up-to-date statistics and insights on the Australian jobs market.
Here are our findings for December…
Adzuna Job Vacancy Index
Adzuna Average Salary Index
- Wage growth (2.3% ABS) has finally started to catch up to average advertised salaries, which increased 2% year-on-year.
- Job advertisements have finally plateaued, up just 1.2% from November.
- 5.29 job seekers compete for each live job vacancy nationwide. This is the lowest point in six months.
- Australia’s unemployment level currently sits at 680,000, the lowest point since 2013.
The six-month change in jobseekers per vacancy
Worst states to find a job
Best states to find a job
National wage breakdown
Best Performer: IT
- The IT industry recorded strong salary growth of 7% year-on-year to reach an average advertised salary of $129,603.
- The highest paying job in IT is a Senior Project Manager at a leading Financial Services company in Sydney’s CBD, which pays $200,000 per annum.
- The top three hirers of IT professionals in Australia are the Commonwealth Bank, Deloitte, and IAG.
Adzuna CEO Raife Watson said:
“The highest paying jobs in IT are those that require both excellent technical knowledge and interpersonal skills.
“Employees with the tech know-how as well as the ability to communicate at the level required to lead a team, will attract above market salaries,” Mr. Watson said.