To make finding a job easier, Adzuna brings all the jobs in Australia to the one place. This means we have the most up-to-date statistics and insights on the Australian jobs market.
Here are our findings for February…
- Job advertisements nationwide have soared leading into February, up 13% from January and up 15% year-on-year.
- Job vacancies in IT increased 9% year-on-year.
- Competition for jobs has decreased sharply to a twelve month low of 5.20 job seekers per vacancy, down from 6 in January.
- Job vacancies in the Healthcare Industry increased 5% year-on-year.
Adzuna Job Vacancy Index
Adzuna Average Salary Index
Six-month change in jobseekers per vacancy
Worst states to find a job
Best states to find a job
National wage breakdown
Best Performer: IT
- The IT industry recorded strong year-on-year job growth of 10%, with 6,887 jobs currently available on adzuna.com.au.
- The IT Industry is the highest paying industry with the average advertised salary currently at $125,909.
- The highest paying job in IT is a role for Data Scientist based in Melbourne, which pays a yearly salary of $150,000.
- The top three hirers for IT Professionals in Australia are Telstra, Macquarie Group and Deloitte.