To make finding a job easier, Adzuna brings all the jobs in Australia to the one place. This means we have the most up-to-date statistics and insights on the Australian jobs market.
Adzuna Job Vacancy Index
Adzuna Average Salary Index
- 5.05 job seekers are competing for each for each role nationally. This is a record low.
- Job advertisements have increased again leading into March, up 3% from February and up a whopping 18% year-on-year.
- Job vacancies in the legal sector increased by 2% year-on-year.
- Job vacancies in the IT Industry increased by 7% year-on-year.
Six-month change in jobseekers per vacancy
Worst states to find a job
Best states to find a job
National wage breakdown
Sector Analysis: Legal
- Jobs in the legal sector increased 2% year-on-year following a prolonged period of decline.
- The average advertised salary for jobs in the legal sector is $90,097.
- The highest paying job in the legal sector is a role for an Executive Director at a legal firm in Melbourne, which pays a yearly salary of $236,068.