To make finding a job easier, Adzuna brings all the jobs in Australia to the one place. This means we have the
most up-to-date statistics and insights on the Australian jobs market.
Adzuna Job Vacancy Index
Adzuna Average Salary Index
- Victoria recorded the largest increase in job vacancies, up 14% year-on-year to 33,630 live vacancies.
- Job advertisements have increased 6% nationally year-on-year to reach 130,829 in April 2019.
- Average advertised salaries increased 3% nationally year-on-year to $94,474.
- Job vacancies in the healthcare industry increased by 19%.
Monthly Job and Salary Trends
The six-month change in jobseekers per vacancy
Worst states to find a job
Best states to find a job
National wage breakdown
Top Performer: Healthcare
- Jobs in the healthcare sector increased by 19% year-on-year, with 2548 new jobs added to the employment market.
- The average advertised salary for jobs in healthcare is $111,153.
- The highest paying job in the healthcare sector on adzuna.com.au is a role for a General Practitioner on the New South Wales Central Coast, which attracts a yearly salary of $350k.