To make finding a job easier, Adzuna brings all the jobs in Australia to one place. This means we have the most up-to-date statistics and insights into the Australian jobs market.
Adzuna Job Vacancy Index
Adzuna Average Salary Index
- Average advertised salaries improved in each state and territory with the exception of South Australia. A 3% uptick was recorded nationwide.
- Job advertisements have decreased by 7% month-on-month, dropping to 120,852 in May.
- The number of job seekers competing for each role increased in every state and territory.
- Job vacancies in the education industry increased by 8.6%.
Monthly Job and Salary Trends
Job Market Competition
Worst states to find a job
Best states to find a job
Regional and Industry Overview
Top Performer: Education
- Jobs in the Education Sector increased by 8.6% year-on-year.
- The average advertised salary for jobs in Education is $82,828.
- The highest paying job in the Education Sector on adzuna.com.au is a role for an Association Professor in Mechanical and Automotive Engineering at RMIT in Melbourne, which attracts a yearly salary of $179K.