12 month contract opportunity for a Project Engineer with a leading owner operator in coal.
Your new role
Lead activities in support of the Delivery Lead in the delivery on non-major projects providing the key interface between the design team, project execution team and the physical construction team.
This role will be initially Brisbane based during the start-up of the projects, however will transfer to a FIFO during the construction and commissioning phase.
What you'll need to succeed
- Coordinate the involvement of technical engineering and act as the primary point of contact for engineering issues
- Manage external consultants to ensure delivery is on time
- Ensure engineering changes and decisions are documented throughout the delivery phase
- Undertake regular review of contractor performance
- Lead the project value improvement plan including identifying and implementing in-field improvements to reduce cost and schedule
- Support risk management activities
- Ensure engineering documentation is completed and formally handed over to operations
- Identify, develop and implement systems and process that improves the efficiency of project delivery
What you need to do now
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering
- Demonstrated project engineering experience
- Demonstrated contract management experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in mine infrastructure projects
- Strong commitment to health and safety
- QLD Coal Board Medical & S11 (desirable)
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ or for more information and a confidential discussion contact Chloe Scull at Hays on the details below.
T: 07 3231 2604
E: Chloe.Scull@hays.com.auLHS 297508