Project Manager, CBD, 12-15 months fixed term, access excellent superannuation and other internal benefits!
Your new company
A Federal Government body based in the heart of Melbourne CBD is seeking a Project Manager to join the team on an immediate basis to take on and manage a range of building projects in Melbourne, with some regional travel required occasionally. Projects include lab relocations and refurbishments of technical facilities. An electrical, engineering or mechanical background coupled with project management experience and qualifications is highly desirable or previous project management experience in a similar space.
Your new role
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- End-to-end Capital work projects including the planning, design, coordination and delivery of refurbishment and upgrades including laboratory facilities approximately $2million in value
- Contributing to project plans and designs to meet operational requirements
- Providing technical advice, leadership and consultation
- Budgeting and scheduling
- Risk management & contingencies, ensuring compliance with safety laws
- Communicating with onsite staff, security, trades, consultants and other Government, public and private entities
- No direct reports
What you’ll need to succeed
To succeed in this role, you will require:
- Tertiary qualifications in Project Management, Building & Construction or Engineering
- Electrical or mechanical background is highly desirable
- Demonstrated delivery of Projects in complex and high-risk environments
- Understanding of Project Management Frameworks and risk governance
- Excellent communication skills
What you will get in return
In return you will be joining an established Government institute for a fixed term with access to all the permanent benefits of leave and superannuation. You will have the opportunity to work on interesting minor and major projects, smaller in nature but with a variety and level of complexity and technicality involved. Apply now and don’t miss out on this excellent long-term opportunity within the public sector.
What you need to know
If you are interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date CV, or send directly to Sally Phillips at Sally.Phillips@hays.com.au [mailto:Sally.Phillips@hays.com.au]. If this job does not quite match the position you are seeking, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career on 8616 8400.LHS 297508