An exciting job for a Project Manager in Cairns.
Your new company
Your new company is part of a leading international electronics and systems group serving the defence, aerospace, and space, security and transport markets. With expertise ranging across protected mobility vehicles, naval support services, integrated communications solutions and vast international capabilities, this company has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join this critical project expansion in Cairns.
Your new role
The primary purpose of your new role is to manage all activities associated with the In Service Support Contract in Cairns. This will include assisting in securing opportunities and managing all aspects of projects to achieve the defined contractual obligations to agreed budget, schedule and performance of outcomes. Your key responsibilities will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Liaising and providing project status updates and reports to management and Defence stakeholders.
- Managing Cairns based projects through implementation and close out, including Health, Safety, Security and Environment.
- Developing Project Plans and Risk Registers.
- Developing estimates and manage costs.
- Engaging staff and subcontractors in support of all Cairns based projects.
- Overseeing the design, review/ approval and implementation schedules
- Ensuring that all services and materials are conforming and delivered to schedule and implementing actions to resolve non-conformances;
- Managing all customer/ stakeholder relationships to ensure other responsibilities/ accountabilities are achieved.
- Providing the appropriate direction, coaching, support and delegation to team members to enable them to achieve the work objectives.
- Fostering teamwork in the area of responsibility and with other teams across sites and business areas.
To succeed in this position, you will possess appropriate tertiary qualification in Engineering or Project Management. You will have the knowledge and understanding of Engineering, ILS, Configuration Management, Maintenance, Finance and Procurement. You will also have the ability to communicate and influence stakeholders at all levels. You will have an appreciation of the CASG In-Service Support and RAN operational environment and have the demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritise demands. You will be able to handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast paced environment with multiple and competing demands. Your experience in ship building, repair, and/ or maintenance and experience in developing, using and implementing scheduling and project management systems and processes will be highly regarded. Your ability to write complex and detailed tables and documents utilising common computer packages such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and PRIMAVERA will assist in your application being successful. You will also have good people skills and a proven ability to communicate in a positive manner with internal and external customers and have sound analysis, analytical and judgement skills.
Please note Australian Citizenship is essential for this position as you will be required to have a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one and also be eligible for ITAR clearance.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be offered a role based in Cairns and will be working on exciting projects that are current and in the near future. You will have the opportunity to work with like-minded, talented professionals and play an integral role within the team. To jump on-board with this excellent company, apply today!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508