A permanent opportunity for a Dental Assistant in Darwin.
Your new company
Our client provides critical support to the Australian Defence Service. They are currently seeking Dental Assistant for a full-time permanent opportunity based in Darwin, NT.
Your new role
As the Dental Assistant you will be responsible for overseeing chair-side assistance to the Dentist / Dental Specialist / Hygienist in the delivery of dental services. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Promotion of oral health to patients where qualified and at request of Dentist
- Take dental intra-oral/extra-oral radiographs prescribed by Dentist or Dental Specialists where licensed
- Implement infection control procedures within the dental surgery and on the reprocessing of dental instruments and equipment in accordance with National Standards and Defence Policies and Procedures
- Pouring of dental models as directed, where trained
- Manage patients in accordance with approved protocols
- Maintain optimal hygiene and cleanliness of the dental surgery
- Manage patient clinical records, filing of hard copy reports, booking and recall of patients
- Participating in governance and quality improvement activities including clinical reviews, health surveillance and auditing
- Ordering and maintenance of clinical stores and pharmaceutical supplies
- Perform regular checks, calibration and maintenance of clinical equipment including
What you'll need to succeed
As the successful candidate you'll be an experienced Dental Assistant with:
- Certificate III in Dental Assisting or similar
- Current First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificates preferred
- Strong communications skills both written and verbal
- You must be an Australian citizen to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance for the role.
What you'll get in return
This is a permanent opportunity in Darwin. You will enjoy working in a close community and support the Australian Defence Force. You will be offered a competitive salary of $50k plus super and relocation assistance maybe available for the right candidate.
If relocating, you may also be entitled to the Northern Territory “Boundless Possible” incentive.
What you need to do now
Please click “Apply Now” to forward an up to date copy of your resume or email Rachael direct at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also call Rachael Agha on 08 8943 6000 for more information.LHS 297508