This continuous applicant pool is open for candidates that meet the mandatory requirements of the Guidance officer role as detailed in the attached role description. Appointments progressed as a result of this application pool (and extension to this appointment) will not extend beyond 12 months.Applications will be reviewed and considered throughout 2020, if and when Guidance Officer vacancies are identified. The submission of an application to this applicant pool does not guarantee an offer of employment or an application assessment response from the region.
As a Guidance Officer you will:
* provide professional expertise, leadership and support to school communities and networks in the development and implementation of plans, programs, and procedures to assist students in achieving positive educational, developmental and lifelong learning outcomes
* collaboratively negotiate, develop and implement programs for students that have a focus on preventative and early intervention strategies; are responsive to identified personal, social, emotional and educational needs; and aim to foster resilience and personal skills development.
Mandatory requirement of this role is:
* Current full registration as a teacher in Queensland. Information on registration requirements is available at www.qct.edu.au
* Teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information please CLICK HERE.
AND one of the following:
* Completed coursework Masters, majoring in guidance and counselling, or an equivalent completed coursework Masters including study in the areas of psychoeducational assessment, counselling and mental health. OR
* General or provisional registration as a psychologist through the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) Psychology Board. OR
* an Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) accredited four or five year qualification in psychology that will enable general registration as a psychologist following completion of a board approved internship or accredited sequence of study.
* A minimum of two (2) years full-time, or equivalent, teaching experience
* Current membership of the Queensland Guidance and Counselling Association (QGCA).
Applicants applying for this pool must have completed appropriate qualifications in line with the mandatory requirements of the Guidance Officer position listed above and in the role description.
To apply please attach the following:
* A brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
* A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
* Complete the online questionnaire (the questionnaire will open after you click apply and have entered your personal details).
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.