Chief Engineer job, Innovative Flexible Culture, Relocation Assistance & Bonuses, Defence Simulation, Manager
Your New Business:
Looking for creative freedom, direction and an innovative supportive platform for your work? Then look no further! Focusing on the design & manufacture of reconfigurable, high-fidelity motion simulators, your new business is an innovative, fun and top tier defence technology developer. The technology produced is highly dynamic, working on robotic arms, interchangeable replica cabins, haptically-enabled control devices and Immersive simulation environments, featuring detailed vehicle dynamics and terrain modelling. This is a business where your hard work is not just compensated through bonuses, but by your everyday working environment. Work life balance, flexibility and innovation is at the forefront.
Your new role:
Besides the required experience and qualifications, to succeed in this role you must have the appropriate character, personality and drive. This role is all about soft skills, consultative leadership, and being able to guide and manage your engineers & clients. This role would suit someone with experience working with a prime system integrator and with experience in delivering small projects and complex products (e.g. project value $10m - $50m).
Experience and Qualifications you need to Succeed:
- Completion of a tertiary engineering degree; robotic, mechatronic, electrical, electronic, mechanical or software
- Professional engineering experience in delivering complex systems to an ASDEFCON contract framework in a safety/ mission critical environment;
- Experience in delivering to a Technical Certification framework (i.e. TRAMM-L) and working knowledge of commercial (EN, AS, FCC, ISO etc.) and military (MIL, DEF(AUST) etc.) standards.
- Experience with or experience that translates to motion simulators including simulation tools, vehicle dynamics modelling and replication of instrument and vehicle controls.
- Experience in the design and manufacture of complex electronic products that incorporate mechanical, software, firmware and electrical component
- Have demonstrated delivery of:
- Electronic products (requirements to product)
- Software products (requirements to product)
- Defence projects (requirements to in-services support)
- Experience with Defence simulation software such as VBS3, VR-Engage and Titan Vanguard including computer generated forces software (such as VBS Tactics, VR-Forces and Preagis Stage) and image generation software (such as VBS IG, VR-Vantage and Presagis Vega Prime);
- Experience in various programming languages including C, C++, C#, Lua, Python and HTML
- Experience with safety PLC programming using Siemens Simatic Step 7 and a broad knowledge of alternative PLC products;
- Experience in robot programming (KUKA) at a system integrator/ expert level (including KUKA RSI and KUKA SafeOperation);
- Experience in mechanical design including CAD, drafting to Defence standards and FEA modelling.
What you'll get in return
Besides working for a company where you will be valued, developed and supported to lead a healthy work-life balance, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary package, bonus, relocation package and a permanent position in an organisation that is secure and expanding. All whilst working on some of the most exciting projects in the Defence sector. This is an excellent career progression opportunity for an experienced Chief Engineer, or for someone who has experienced working for a defence prime wanting to take the next step in their career. You will have the opportunity to work on leading edge military systems providing an exciting and challenging work environment.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' or forward your CV to Amy McNulty at HAYS DEFENCE on email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] or telephone Amy on 0396049645 [tel:0396049645] . Alternatively, to discuss more roles within the Australian Defence space, call Amy for a confidential discussion.LHS 297508