IFYS Caboolture QLD
- Work based in Moreton Region
- Positive working environment
- Part-time and Casual roles available
IFYS Limited is currently seeking professional and dedicated Disability Support Workers to join the Supports by Design team in the Moreton Region This program provides support services to consumers with NDIS plans and individual care plans, aiming to provide holistic and tailored services to suit each individual's needs.
Key responsibilities for the Disability Support Worker role:
- Provide direct support services in accordance with individual care plans
- Assist with skill development of independent living, recreation, learning, community access and participation
- Work with consumers to maintain personal care, and medication administration
- Advocate on behalf of the individuals and families to ensure services are relevant, flexible and accessible
- Implementation and development of tailored:
- Individual Support Plans
- Daily programs and routines
- Restrictive Practice and Positive Behaviour Support Plans
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of administrative duties
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Strong computer based skills
- Effective interpersonal communication skills (Auslan training highly desirable)
- Suitable availability to work on a rotating flexible roster (may include a combination of day, afternoon and active night, sleepovers and weekend shifts)
- Demonstrated experience in disability support, mental health, dual diagnosis, active support and behavioural support or a genuine interest to work towards qualifications in these areas.
- Current Australian Drivers Licence and willingness to use own vehicle (if required) with comprehensive insurance
- Current First Aid Certificate (or willing to obtain).
- The ability to meet the physical requirements of the job that may include manual handling tasks