AH3 role | 12 month contract | Latrobe Valley based | Student Support Services team | Immediate start
Your new company
Our State Government client plays an integral role in the learning, growth, wellbeing and development of school children, particularly those who are least vulnerable within the West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley region. An opportunity exists for an experienced and qualified Social Worker to join their team on a 12 month fixed term contract with possible extension.
Your new role
As a key member of the Student Support Services team, you will be working alongside other allied health professionals including Speech Pathologists and Psychologists aswell as a network of Educators to support children and students with barriers to learning and achieving educational development. As a SSS Social Worker, your duties will include:
- Provide high level social work support to school age students to improve student learning outcomes.
- In collaboration with schools, undertake advanced wellbeing interventions that support students and school educational programs, including the identification of broad wellbeing issues and effective strategies to address these within the school and community.
- Assist the coordination of student support services within a multi-disciplinary team and the effective use of case management approaches with high-need students.
- Contribute to student wellbeing policy development including promoting strategies regarding student engagement and creating educational pathways within an overarching inclusive approach.
- Provides leadership, professionally and operationally, within a multi-disciplinary student support team.
- Support teachers and schools in the development of educational programs, particularly in respect to students with additional needs.
- Support schools to respond effectively to critical incidents.
- Provide authoritative professional advice in relation to issues involving student wellbeing, including helping to build student resilience and positive mental health.
- Collaborate with and provide advice to other student support services team members in respect to complex cases, particularly in relation to breaking the link between socio-economic disadvantage and student achievement.
- Contribute to the professional development of other social worker support service team members.
- Liaise with community service organisations, DHHS, hospitals, specialist programs and other professionals regarding the support needs for students and schools.
What you’ll need to succeed The successful applicant will need:
- Proven experience as a Social Worker within the youth / educational sector
- A passion for working with children and a real desire to help make a difference to a young persons life
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain strong relationships with your network of allied health colleagues, teachers and schools
- A degree in Social Work
- Eligibility for membership of the Australia Association of Social Workers
What you’ll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to work within the Victorian State Government in the Gippsland region. With an immediate start, you will join a supportive and forward thinking team based in Moe. A VPS3 Allied Health salary package is on offer for the right candidate.
What to do now
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your cv to email@example.com.LHS 297508