Job opportunities to assist with the recovery of Public Health and local businesses affected by Covid-19.
Your new company
Hays Recruitment are proud to support all local Councils across Victoria including metro, regional and those in-between with supplying qualified and passionate Environmental Health Officers.
Due to Covid-19, standard day-to-day duties have been disrupted such as conducting inspections under the Public Health and Wellbeing Acts’ and establishing positive communication and education with registered premises and the general public.
Common feedback received from our clients (Coordinators of Public Health) is that our service will be needed to assist Councils returning to their business as usual following the pandemic. Therefore in preparation, Hays are still registering and interviewing (Skype) qualified EHO’s to then place in future positions all over Victoria.
Your new role
As an EHO, your primary duties will include some but are not limited to the below;
What you'll need to succeed
- Conduct inspections/audits at registered premises to ensure compliance with the Food Act 1984, Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 and other associated codes of practice
- Investigate alleged complaints and take appropriate action where required
- Develop and implement education programs to support and promote healthy communities
- Desirable: Waste management including septic tanks and drainage systems
- General admin tasks
In addition to having excellent communication and time management skills, you will also have;
What you'll get in return
- Graduate Diploma of Environmental Health Practice (Swinburne) or the equivalent
- Experience working or completed student placement as an EHO/EHT for a Local Council
You will be joining a team of experienced Environmental Health Officers who are driven to deliver the best public health outcomes for their communities. You will also be reimbursed with an attractive hourly wage plus superannuation and optional overtime (penalty rates).
In addition to this you will build upon your connections in the profession and have access to management supporting your growth and career development.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or email Rebecca Clarnette at Rebecca.Clarnette@hays.com.auLHS 297508