Aboriginal Home Care I Domestic Care Assistant I Northern Aboriginal Branch (Illawarra North) I Casu (46083)
- Rewarding Role
- Make a difference in your community
- Casual Opportunity with view to go Permanent Part-time (If desired)
Aboriginal Home Care
Aboriginal Home Care provides top wellbeing services to the aged and those living with a disability within the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community over NSW. Our aim is to enable our clients to live in the comfort of their homes whist receiving culturally appropriate care and connecting with other members of the community. Our Services include including domestic assistance, personal care and social activities.
This position is working with our South Coast Aboriginal Home Care Branch - You will be required to work and live within or near to Illawarra North and the surrounding suburbs.
Being a Home Care Worker is an incredibility rewarding role. You will be providing assistance to our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients supporting social activities and their Domestic, Personal care, Community engagement and Transport needs. You will also:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with team members and clients.
- Adhere to health and safety guidelines and policies to keep yourself and our clients safe.
- Provide meaningful experiences which enable our clients to thrive.
- Share our values of being bold, warm and honest.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A warm, compassionate and reliable personality
- A current Australian Driver’s License (provisional license accepted).
- Access to a reliable, comprehensively insured vehicle.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts and locations.
- Certificate in Aged and Disability, Individual Support (Required for Personal Care Services Only)
- Applications who are Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are strongly encouraged to apply
What we can offer you?
- Training, including manual handling, provided upon commencement.
- We pay travel time and reimburse mileage.
- Mobile phone included for both business and personal use.
- Benefits that promote your health and wellbeing including a paid “Wellbeing Day off” per year.
- Opportunities to further develop your career with Australian Unity.
- Health insurance, banking and fitness membership discounts.