Are you a great hands-on manager of disability support workers? Dare to be different!
If you're looking for a senior role but don't want to lose contact with clients, then this is the job for you.
The role of an InLife Coordinator is part team leader, rosterer and client liaison, recruiter, trainer and key worker. How will you find time that? Great question.
InLife Coordinators have small caseloads, half the average of other providers. This means you can take the time to build real relationships with clients, and spend more time out of the office in clients' homes to truly understand their needs.
We're now seeking a client area coordinator to join our expanding team. In this role you'll be making a real difference in the lives of people with disability, supporting them to have the greatest sense of choice, control and confidence under the NDIS.
You will work with clients across north eastern Victoria, from Benalla through to Albury Wodonga. A willingness to get out and about and meet clients in their homes is essential!
Your duties will include, though are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining positive, respectful and supportive relationships with clients and significant others in their lives.
- Fostering and promoting positive outcomes for clients at all times
- Collaborating with other InLife managers to maintain client rosters, source and induct appropriate staff
- Providing ongoing support, mentoring and client-specific training to staff
- Maintaining client records and monitoring funded support budgets as required
- Participating in the ongoing improvement of InLife policies and procedures
- Participating in an on-call after hours coordinator roster
Ideally you will have:
- Tertiary (Diploma or higher) qualification in Community/Human Services or an equivalent level of experience.
- A minimum of two years experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience in working directly with people with a disability
- Proficiency in using technology broadly and a capacity to learn new technologies and programs as required
- Highly developed communication and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated alignment with our values (see www.inlife.org.au)
- Rostering skills highly desirable, and willingness to undertake occasional direct client shifts
Benefits included in this role are:
- Above average pay
- Flexible working hours
- New phone and laptop
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Salary packaging (up to $15,900 tax free)
- 3 months maternity leave at full pay
- Learning and career development opportunities