Rare job opportunity to work with a beautiful Regional Council two hours North East of Melbourne.
Your new company
Rare and exciting job opportunity to work for a regional Council located North East of Victoria. Surrounded by green views and Australian wildlife, the Environmental Health team are seeking an experienced EHO to join on a ongoing temporary basis until the role is filled permanently - which could be you.
This small team are inclusive and take great pride in the work that they deliver, taking into account the needs of the community. They believe in open communication and support professional development in order for each individual to reach their potential.
Your new role
As an EHO, your primary duties will include but are not limited to;
What you'll need to succeed
- Conduct inspections/audits at registered premises to ensure compliance with the Food Act 1984, Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 and other associated codes of practice
- Investigate alleged complaints and take appropriate action where required
- Develop and implement education programs to support and promote healthy communities
- Desirable: Waste management including septic tanks and drainage systems
- General admin tasks
In addition to having excellent communication and time management skills, you will also have;
What you'll get in return
- Bachelor Degree in Public Health or equivalent
- MUST have experience working or completed student placement as an EHO/EHT for a Local Council
- Supportive team player who places a high importance on a positive workplace culture
In return you will be joining a small supportive team who value collaboration, fresh insights and new perspectives. You will have the opportunity to give back to the community and be rewarded with an attractive hourly rate + Superannuation. The successful applicant will be working in a position which will eventually be filled permanently, therefore possibility for transitioning temp to perm is high.
Hays Recruitment are continuously seeking Environmental Health Officers with experience working within a Local Council. If you are not from this area, please send your resume to the below email and specify which Council you would like to potentially work with.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or email Rebecca Clarnette at Rebecca.Clarnette@hays.com.au
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508