Registered Nurse – Eden
EDEN NSW, AUSTRALIA
- Eden location
- Full time opportunities available
- Picturesque site on the Sapphire Coast
About the Company
RSL LifeCare is a leader in senior living, providing high quality retirement villages, aged care homes (nursing homes) and personal home care throughout NSW and the ACT. Proudly serving Australia for over 100 years, RSL LifeCare is a successful and growing not-for profit organisation which began as a haven for war veterans and today is open to all Australians.
The RSL LifeCare vision is one of “Continuing in the ANZAC spirit” by developing supportive, dynamic retirement living communities and providing award-winning, innovative and personalised care for our clients and residents. They are passionate about supporting residents and clients to live fulfilling lives and enable their sense of wellbeing and independence.
Their employees are focused on customers’ wellbeing through the flexible delivery of personal care and lifestyle choices. RSL LifeCare seek people who are passionate about building meaningful relationships so they can strive to satisfy their customers’ physical, mental, emotional and socialisation needs.
RSL LifeCare are seeking solutions focused the people who are caring and empathetic and feel good knowing they can enrich the lives of others. RSL LifeCare have multiple opportunities for Registered Nurses across their portfolio in NSW and the ACT. To be successful, you will possess the following skillsets:
- Demonstrated commitment to helping our customers have a purposeful life through assisting them in creating/maintaining friendships and relationships; pursuing hobbies and interests; maintaining health and well-being through personal care, meals and exercise; and creating a home-like environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to building enriching relationships that enable a deep understanding of a person, their wellbeing and lifestyle needs.
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering innovative customer focused solutions in a flexible and changing environment.
- Demonstrated experience achieving customer focused outcomes.
Further details around the sites and shifts are outlined by our talent partner, The Orchard Talent Group.
The essential selection criteria for the role includes:
- Current Nurse Registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Availability to work various shifts
- Experience in caring for the aged within a residential or home care setting
- Working knowledge of quality systems as they relate to the provision of nursing services
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including proficiency in English
- Ability to communicate effectively with consumers and all members of the care team
- Computer literacy
- Effective time management skills and flexibility to respond to changing priorities or tasks
- Demonstrated ability to supervise a team and provide direction
- Appreciation and acceptance of people from different backgrounds and beliefs
Desirable selection criteria for the role includes:
- Experience in assisting in the design, implementation and evaluation of recreational activities in an aged care environment
- An understanding of Veterans’ experiences and needs
What RSL LifeCare offers:
- A supportive environment committed to providing excellent care and services to our residents and clients
- Salary packaging opportunities as a not for profit organisation
- The opportunity to join an organisation that strives to make a genuine positive difference for our clients and residents, our people and our community
- As part of the application process you will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and must hold valid Australian work rights/ visa.