Immediate start | Full time permanent | State Govt role | AH3 role | Latrobe Valley & West Gippsland location
Your new company
Our State Government client plays an integral role in the learning, growth, wellbeing and development of school children, particularly those who are least vulnerable within the West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley region. An opportunity exists for an experienced and qualified Speech Pathologist to join their team on a full time permanent.
Your new role
As a key member of the Student Support Services team, you will be working alongside other allied health professionals including Social Workers and Psychologists aswell as a network of Educators to support children and students with barriers to learning and achieving educational development.
As a SSS Speech Pathologist, your duties will include:
- Provide high level speech therapy support services to improve student learning.
- Undertake advanced wellbeing interventions that support students and schools.
- Assist the coordination of student support services within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Contribute to student wellbeing policy development
- Provides leadership, professionally and operationally, within a multi-disciplinary student support team.
- Support teachers in the development of educational programs, particularly in respect to students with additional needs.
- Provide authoritative professional advice in relation to issues involving student wellbeing.
- Collaborate with and provide advice to other student support services team members in respect to complex cases.
- Contribute to the professional development of other speech therapy support service team members
- Liaise with community service organisations, DHHS, hospitals, specialist programs and other professionals regarding the support needs for students.
What you’ll need to succeed
The successful applicant will need:
- Proven experience as a Speech Pathologist within the youth / educational sector
- Ability to provide professional learning that informs and influences the work of others involved in the engagement and wellbeing of students, such as other wellbeing support staff and teachers.
- Highly developed capacity to assess, conceptualise and analyse student wellbeing issues that translate to improving student support services
- A post-graduate degree in Speech Pathology
- Eligibility for membership with Speech Pathology Australia
What you’ll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to work within the Victorian State Government in the Gippsland region. With an immediate start, you will join a supportive and forward thinking team based in Moe. A VPS3 Allied Health salary package is on offer for the right candidate.
What to do now
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your cv to email@example.com.LHS 297508