6 Month WHS Officer role with Government client in beautiful Jervis Bay
Your new company
Our Client are a large federal government department who currently have multiples opportunity for experienced WHS Professionals in the Jervis Bay region, for an initial contract period of 6 months.
Your new role
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
What you'll need to succeed
- Developing strategic advice to enable the National Park and broader Parks Division to meet its obligations under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
- Contribute to the establishment and implementation of WHS management systems
- Prepare briefing material, consultation, communication and implementation plans.
- Ensure due diligence obligations are meet in regard to effectiveness reviews/investigations.
- Work closely with National Park Training Officers to identify and address WHS-specific skills, training and capability gaps on park.
A minimum of 5 years experience in WHS officer or management position within a large complex organisation as well as relevant tertiary qualifications will lead you to success in this role. Due to demands of this varied position, a strong work ethic, flexible attitude and customer centric focus will be key to performance. You must be able to communicate, engage and work together with stakeholders at all levels,
A baseline clearance and experience with government is ideal however not a requirement. Candidates must be Australian citizens and able to complete a police check prior to onboarding.
What you'll get in return
This fantastic opportunity will offer you to work within one of the moist beautiful locations in Australia, as well as contribute to its management. You will be provided with support from senior management whilst still having autonomy to run, develop and improve your sites to the highest standard.
An excellent hourly rate is on offer negotiable based on experience. Thus engagement is expected to run from June 2020 through to the end of the year.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this rare and exciting local role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. For a confidential discussion, contact James Fiumara on (02) 4222 0100 or email@example.com.LHS 297508