Build your own team of data professionals within an enterprise financial services organisation
Your new company
This well-known Financial Services organisation is seeking experienced Data Engineering Managers to play a key role in the leadership of a team of Data professionals with end to end accountability to deliver projects.
Your new role
Leadership of a technical team to plan, deliver and support solutions that deliver business needs through the sourcing and provision of data. Engineering Management is the blend of leadership (for a team of up to 10), management (of delivery projects), technology (bridging traditional and cloud and big-data capabilities), and data (understanding how business value can be achieved with the right data).
The 5 core responsibilities of the role are:
What you'll need to succeed
- Develop strategic data capabilities projects, using data sourced from hundreds of systems through use of traditional and cloud native and open source Big Data tools.
- Build and lead a team of data design and engineering professionals, with end to end accountability within distributed agile ways of working.
- Work with various different teams across the business to solve real problems for the banks customers and colleagues.
- Grow the brand and footprint of Data across the bank.
- Build new capabilities within data.
- Leadership; with proven capability leading small teams.
- Management; of delivery and/or operations in a project delivery setting, balancing the traditional time/cost/quality with Agile Scrum methodology.
- Technology; bringing to bear understanding across a range of data related technologies and how to use them in the best way to solve real problems.
- Data; with proven knowledge of data pipelines, data quality, data reconciliation, batch and stream workflows in complex data ecosystems.
What you need to do now
- Relationships; building and maintaining excellent stakeholder management.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact Reece Curtis at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions/ queries.LHS 297508