Teacher - Secondary - Engineering - Burnett State College
- Hervey Bay Region
- Queensland Government
Apply for this job
Burnett State College is located in Gayndah situated in the North Burnett region. It is approximately 325 kms NW of Brisbane and 144 km south west of Bundaberg. Burnett State College has an enrolment of approximately 210 students from Year 7 through to Year 12. While the junior school predominantly serves the Gayndah District, the senior school also caters for students who have completed their junior education at the Secondary Departments in Eidsvold, Mundubbera and Biggenden. Burnett State College incorporates Gayndah State High School and Wide Bay Institute of TAFE.
The Bundaberg region is Australia's premier location for observing nesting sea turtles at Mon Repos Conservation Park. The region, also known as the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef, stretches from the town of Bundaberg, Lady Elliot Island and Mon Repos in the east to the North Burnett region, with Gin Gin in the west and Childers to the south. The region is rich in sugar and horticultural production and is home to the well-known Bundaberg Rum and Bundaberg Ginger Beer as well as a number of hinterland wineries and farm-gate sales of fresh produce. To the west in the North Burnett region lie national parks including Cania Gorge, Auburn River and Goodnight Scrub. There are also inland recreational dams including Lake Monduran, Lake Paradise and Lake Gregory.
As the largest employer of teachers in Queensland the department has some attractive benefits for employees, including:
* assistance with relocating
* attractive salary and benefits
* incentives for teaching in remote areas
* locality allowance in specified locations
* subsidised accommodation in specified locations
Teaching in Queensland:
The department is responsible for the delivery of quality education services to all Queensland students in state schools and recognises teachers and their commitment to teaching through a range of rewards and benefits. To find out more click here.
Applicants for these positions must possess:
* A relevant teaching qualification. Click here for further information on teaching qualifications.
* Employment for pre-service/graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the minimum requirements as a teacher with the department.
Permanent employment as a teacher is available to:
* Australian citizens.
* Persons who reside in Australia and have permission or a right to be granted permission, under Commonwealth law, to remain in Australia indefinitely.
* New Zealand citizens who have a special category visa or a right to be granted a special category visa under the Migration Act 1958.
How to apply:
* Click the Green 'Apply online' button below
* Enter your personal details
* Attach your current CV including contact details of two professional referees
* Pre-service teachers and recent graduates are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study
**Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the Department of Education reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found.**
Apply for this job