About the Job
Regal Care Pty Ltd is a purpose-driven business offering personalized assistance to the elderly, people with disabilities (physical or intellectual), or anyone who needs a hand. We support our clients with domestic assistance, personal care, and community access. We aim to empower our clients within a supportive environment through quality care, where trust and bonds can be also be developed with the provision of new skills and increased independence.
Currently, we are recruiting support workers on a casual basis and offer 15-25 hours every week within a reasonable geographical area who have a passion for helping others and will be committed to doing so. The hours will roughly be between 9am - 5pm.
- A home support worker will be providing support with a variety of tasks. Every day and every client will be unique.
- Personal care assistance: Showering/grooming, assisting with dressing and aiding with transfers/hoists
- Community Access: Transportation to appointments or events as well as attendance and support with community access and socialization
- Individual support: Aiding in the development of new skills and assisting clients with achieving independence
- Domestic assistance: Meal preparation, grocery shopping, laundry assistance and changing bedding
- Household cleaning: Vacuuming, mopping, dusting, indoor window cleaning
- Provision of ongoing, consistent and comprehensive support as well as practical assistance
- Recording daily achievements and constructing progress notes
- Reviewing and managing care/support plans and documenting with relevancy
- Maintaining data integrity in terms of the privatization of sensitive information
- Nationally accredited Certificate III or above within the health field e.g. Disability, Individual Support, etc.
- Clear National Police Check
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificate
- Valid Australian Driver’s Licence and Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Working with Children Check (Preferred)
- All qualifications or certifications must be current and nationally recognized or accredited within Australia.
- Previous experience providing support for individuals that experience multiple and complex needs (2 years or more)
- Previous experience working with equipment and aids such as hoists, transfer boards, slide sheets, commodes, shower chairs, manual and motorized wheelchairs, etc. (2 years or more).
Required service regions of the following Central Melbourne regions:
- Port Phillip.
- Glen Eira.
- First aid allowance.
- Travel and mobile phone allowance.
- Performance bonuses of up to $10 per shift.
Being available to work on at least 3 days excluding weekends, a passion to support your local community, and a go-getter attitude are the secrets of highly successful team members.
Ideally, you will have a kind and professional disposition and are able to work autonomously, as well as management of your rosters and timesheets.
The support given must be sensitive, client-focused, and community-orientated, bearing mind of the recovery process where appropriate.