Mehfil Tandoori Indian Restaurant in Keysborough is serving authentic North Indian cuisine since 1990. Our menu offers a variety of traditional Indian favourites and freshly prepared Tandoori items We pride ourselves in ensuring all our customers experience exceptional standard.
Mehfil is currently looking for a qualified Indian Chef to join their dynamic team.
You will be responsible for:
- Manage all aspects of the tandoori and curry section from food preparation to staff training.
- Prepare a range of meals using traditional Indian flavours and techniques.
- Review and develop menu items to offer seasonal variations.
- Creating authentic Indian spice mixes and marinades.
- Making doughs to create a variety of tandoori breads.
- Cook food by marinating and cooking in the tandoor, baking or grilling
- Adjust and customise menu as required to meet customer's preference, dietary requirements, improve restaurant profile & reputation in great food variety, taste & quality.
- Monthly stock-takes.
- Monitor and implement quality control measures to ensure food is prepared efficiently and of consistent quality.
- Delegating tasks to junior staff, supervising and demonstrating cooking techniques.
- Ensuring compliance with all health, safety and hygiene standards in the kitchen.
To be successful for the role you will have:
- 2-3 Years of Relevant Work Experience in North Indian Cuisine.
- Cert III or IV in Cookery
- Knowledge of all North Indian Cuisine.
- Knowledge of preparing Tandoori items.
Please apply via the website and include cover letter and resume. Only successful applicants will be contacted.