Chubb is the world€™s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries and territories, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
We are looking for an Underwriter with Financial Lines products experience to join our Brisbane team.THE ROLE
The primary purpose of this role is to assist in the development and accomplishment of goals established for profit, growth, service and producer relations for all classes of business. Contributes to staff development by serving as a technical resource and higher level of underwriting authority for less experienced members of department / trainees. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
Achievement of the Personal Premium Budget
- Underwriting Process / Analysis
- Follows established guidelines and within the scope of delegated authority, determines acceptability of new lines and renewals.
- Utilises appropriate endorsements and applies adequate pricing structure.
- Consults with manager on risks exceeding delegated authority.
- Maintains awareness of claim activity with assigned book and communicates with adjusters as needed.
- Monitors underwriting results and premium and loss trends.
- Oversees underwriting judgement and authority of less experienced members of staff.
- Analyses and monitors quality, volume and mix of business for assigned producers.
- Reviews performance reports, enforce accounts, and makes quality-control recommendations.
- Visits producers and insureds alone and with senior staff in order to communicate department philosophy and increase market share.
- Increase producers awareness of appetite, products and advantages through product presentations.
- Participates in joint travel with members of other underwriting departments. When appropriate, participates in department presentations to prospective producers.
- Establishes and maintains travel program with less experienced staff in order to assist in development of marketing techniques.
- Active participation in business development activities, including drafting and distribution of market letters to key producers.
- Adheres to established department service goals, anticipates and responds to needs of producers, identifies and reports deficiencies and suggests changes for improvements.
- Utilises statistical reports to monitor service goals, observes service goals of less experienced members of staff and makes constructive suggestions for improvement.