Immediate start | Latrobe Valley | State Govt | Perm part time | 0.6 EFT | AH3 level Psychologist | Education
Your new company
This large Victorian State Government Department supports lifelong learning and education and the healthy development of the community. With an exciting initiative underway, they are seeking to appoint an experienced Level AH3 Student Support Services Psychologist to join their team on a permanent part time basis in the thriving Latrobe Valley and Mid Valley region.
Your new role
In your new role as Student Support Services Psychologist you will be working 0.6 EFT assisting children and young people in schools facing a range of barriers to learning, to achieve their educational and developmental potential. You will also be responsible for;
- Managing the delivery and quality of student wellbeing support services
- Developing and implementing strategies for the delivery of student support services within schools;
- Developing programs that support schools, teachers and students that improve learning;
- Providing authoritative professional advice to management, school leaders and team members;
- Advising and directing team members in respect to complex cases;
- Liaising with community service organisations, DHHS, hospitals, specialist programs and other professionals regarding the support needs for students.
What you'll need to succeed
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency (AHPRA);
- A graduate or post-graduate qualification in psychology;
- Extensive experience in the initiation, development and implementation of wellbeing support programs;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence others involved in the wellbeing of children and young people;
- The ability to broker, design and deliver professional learning within a student support services team and other professionals, such as teachers.
What you'll get in return
You will have the opportunity to work as part of a multi-disciplinary health and wellbeing team within a large government organisation that boasts strong organisational values. You will be remunerated under the AH3 salary band based on your experience and be pro rated to match 0.6 EFT.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, click ‘apply now’. Alternatively, you can call Michelle Williams in our Gippsland office on 03 5623 8000 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion regarding your career in Gippsland.LHS 297508