Establish new IT Security and GRC function within a newly amalgamated Government Department
Your new company
The Metropolitan Fire and Emergency Services Board (MFB) is a world class emergency service employing over 2300 people and responding to 36,000 calls per year from Melbourne's four million residents and visitors. Its services include urban search and rescue, response to fires and hazardous incidents, road accident rescue, emergency medical response and marine response. Through our commitment to diversity and equality, we are actively engaged in promoting and maintaining a safe and inclusive work environment where all employees are respected, valued and supported.
The Victorian Government recently passed legislation to create Fire Rescue Victoria (FRV), to come into operation on 1/07/2020, bringing together the Metropolitan Fire Brigade (MFB) and Country Fire Authority (CFA) career firefighters under one organisation. Once FRV is created, all MFB employees will be transferred to FRV.
Your new role
In this role you’ll be responsible for ICT Governance, Risk and Compliance, and driving the development, implementation, maintenance and subsequent training and awareness of the organisations’ information management, information security management and cyber security policies and procedures. Key responsibilities of the role include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Ensure adherence to various standards and frameworks relating to MFB such as: VPDSF, APA, PSPF, ASD, ISM, NIST, ISO 27001/2 and COBIT.
- Implement and oversee the introduction of an information security risk management program, working closely with all areas of the organisation.
- Commitment to continued engagement with Senior Leadership teams, providing technical guidance and comprehensive strategy development and implementation for IT GRC function.
- Represent MFB as authority on both internal and external audits, and a set objective to pass these audits without
- Development, integration and fine tuning of new IT disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Proactive management of internal and external related audits and audit compliance.
You will be a seasoned IT GRC leader with exposure to Victorian Government organisations. Some specific attributes and skills required to be successful in this role include:
What you'll get in return
- Around 10 years’ experience in IT, including at least 3 in IT Audit
- Understanding of a broad range of IT systems security concepts, trends and practices
- Knowledge of information security risk management frameworks and compliance practices
- Proven experience engaging and influencing C-Level stakeholders
- Certifications in one or more of the following would be desirable: CISM, CISA and/or CISSP.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly reputable emergency services organisation currently undergoing significant transformation as it works towards becoming Fire Rescue Victoria. You will work for an organisation that exists to serve, support and protect the community to which you belong, with the opportunity to make a significant impact to the way the fire services operate into the future.
You will work in a flexible environment where you will feel supported by an experienced, highly professional team. You will have the opportunity to apply for monthly RDO’s, have free access to a gymnasium and also professional Corporate apparel.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click “APPLY NOW” or email firstname.lastname@example.org with an up to date version of your CV outlining why you’re interested in the position.
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from diverse background to apply.LHS 297508