Job Title: Chef
Company: Efus Food & Catering Services Pty Ltd
Primary Objective: Plans and oversees the kitchen operation in accordance with established company standards, policies and procedures.
Experience: Minimum 3 years' experience
- Menu planning, costing, developing of new dishes and the presentation of the food.
- Food preparation and cooking of food.
- Monitoring quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation.
- Liaise with manager regarding all aspects of food and supplies with regards to menu planning, costing, development of new dishes, and the presentation of the dish, specials, ordering and quantities, and dry store provisions.
- Ensure wastage is minimized by careful supervision of food preparation methods.
- Record any wastage.
- Develop, review, record, update and maintain cleaning schedules.
- Monitor sanitation practices and ensure that kitchen safety standards are followed.
- Ensure staff always follow safe work practices and are aware of their duties and what is expected of them.
- Assist with training of chefs, apprentices and other food preparation workers.
- Ensure strict compliance by staff of all applicable food safety regulations.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $54,000.00 - 56,000/year