Exciting opportunities for Support Workers in SUNSHINE COAST area to support people with disabilities.
Edmen are seeking committed, reliable, passionate Disability Support Workers in SUNSHINE COAST
. The role will see you on the front-line providing daily support to adults with physical and intellectual disabilities in Group homes, Respite, in-home, community and Lifestyle & Leisure programs..
What you need to succeed in this role
- Current Blue and Yellow Cards or be willingness to obtain
- Current Australian Drivers Licence, reliable vehicle and be willing to transport people in your car when required
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate or be willing to obtain one
- Experience working with moderate to high challenging behaviours
- Demonstrated experience with personal care, medications, hoists & manual handling
What we are looking for
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to make a difference
- Exciting opportunity with the potential to lead into a permanent position
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexible hours to suit that coastal lifestyle and school hours
- Voucher incentives
Applicants must have demonstrable experience supporting high challenging behaviours.
- A team player with a minimum of 6 months PAID demonstrated experience
- You will need the ability to be flexible, strong and resilient in various challenging situations
- Experience with personal care, medications are a must, manual handling and behaviour support plans are an advantage
- Epilepsy and Peg Feeding experience is preferred
- Be willing to work shift work including emergency/on call shifts
The successful candidates may be required to work over a 24/7 roster and emergency shifts when required. However, school hours can also be accommodated for the right applicant How to apply
Please click the Apply Now button here. For any further inquiries, please visit our website www.edmen.com.au