Home Support Workers
Regal Care Pty Ltd is a purpose-driven business offering personalized assistance to the elderly, people with disabilities (physical or intellectual) or anyone who needs a hand. We support our clients with domestic assistance, personal care and community access. We aim to empower our clients within a supportive environment through quality care, where trust and bonds can be also be developed with the provision of new skills and increased independence.
Currently we are recruiting support workers on a casual basis and offer 15-25 hours every week within a reasonable geographical area who have a passion for helping others and will be committed to doing so. The hours will roughly be between 9am - 5pm. Role overview:
A home support worker will be providing support with a variety of tasks. Every day and every client will be unique.
- Personal care assistance: Showering/grooming, assisting with dressing and aiding with transfers/hoists.
- Community Access: Transportation to appointments or events as well as attendance and support with community access and socialisation.
- Individual support: Aiding in the development of new skills and assisting clients with achieving independence.
- Domestic assistance: Meal preparation, grocery shopping, laundry assistance and changing bedding.
- Household cleaning: Vacuuming, mopping, dusting, indoor window cleaning.
- Provision of ongoing, consistent and comprehensive support as well as practical assistance.
- Recording daily achievements and constructing progress notes.
- Reviewing and managing care/support plans and documenting with relevancy.
- Maintaining data integrity in terms of the privatisation of sensitive information.
- Nationally accredited Certificate III or above within the health field e.g. Disability, Individual Support, etc.
- Clear National Police Check.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificate.
- Valid Australian Driver’s Licence and Comprehensive Car Insurance.
- Working with Children Check (Preferred).
All qualifications or certifications must be current and nationally recognised or accredited within Australia.Service area include suburbs within:
The city of Glen Eira
The city of Kingston City Required experience:
- Previous experience providing support for individuals that experience multiple and complex needs (2 years or more)
- Previous experience working with equipment and aids such as hoists, transfer boards, slide sheets, commodes, shower chairs, manual and motorised wheelchairs etc. (2 years or more).
- First aid allowance.
- Travel and mobile phone allowance.
- Performance bonuses of up to $10 per shift.
Being available to work on at least 3 days excluding weekends, a passion to support your local community and a go-getter attitude are the secrets of highly successful team members.
Ideally, you will have a kind and professional disposition and are able to work autonomously, as well as management of your rosters and timesheets.
Support given must be sensitive, client-focused and community-orientated, bearing mind of the recovery process where appropriate. Apply now!
Please forward your CV and cover letter given that you meet the minimum requirements to email@example.com. Applicants will be reviewed and if successful, will be contacted within the 3-5 business days.