Programmed Professionals is one of Australia's leading professional, engineering and technical recruitment agencies, servicing clients nationally.
We are currently looking for an experienced Project Electrical Supervisors for a leading miner in WA.
Reporting to the Water/NPI Projects Superintendent in Operational Projects, an opportunity currently exists for a Projects Electrical Supervisor to join the team on a short term basis.
This is a FIFO role on an 8:6 roster for an initial short term contract.
About the Role
- Hold statutory appointment as the Mine Services Electrical Supervisor, High Voltage Operator and be a Nominee for Electrical Installing Work Licence, as required by the Mine Safety Inspection Regulations 1995.
- Supervise and manage contractors and sub-contracting personnel under your control to deliver electrical, instrumentation and communication infrastructure in a projects environment.
- Review third party management plans, methodologies and commissioning plans to ensure regulatory compliance and industry-leading safe work practices;
- Carry out investigations into electrical accidents/incidents and report to the relevant authorities as required.
- Support the Water/NPI Projects Superintendent and Project Managers in delivering the project program in accordance with electrical standards and company requirements .
- Ensure all electrical statutory testing and maintenance is carried out and recorded as required by your appointment.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Electrical Trade Qualification
- Current WA Electrician's Licence
- Previous Diesel Powered Generator experience (desirable).
- Previous experience in a large mining operation involving dewatering
- High Voltage Switching Certificate
- Competent understanding of electrical schematics, isolation and permitting systems
- Current High Risk Work Licence endorsed - WP
Experience in computer based maintenance systems - SAP
- Strong commitment to health and safety
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to further develop their career within WA's mining sector.
- Education: Currently Completing High School