Nevro (NYSE: NVRO) is a global medical device company headquartered in Redwood City, California. We are focused on providing innovative products that improve the quality of life of patients suffering from debilitating chronic pain.
We started with a simple mission to help more patients suffering from chronic pain. At each stage of development, our research was subject to the highest levels of scientific rigor, resulting in a new therapy that has impacted the lives of over 55,000 patients around the world.
Nevro has developed and commercialized the Senza spinal cord stimulation (SCS) system, an evidence-based, non-pharmacologic neuromodulation platform for the treatment of chronic pain. HF10 therapy has demonstrated the ability to reduce or eliminate opioids in ≥65% of patients across six peer-reviewed clinical studies. The Senza® System, Senza II™ System, and the Senza® Omnia™ System are the only SCS systems that deliver Nevro's proprietary HF10® therapy.
This position serves as the senior liaison between physicians and the company regarding technical issues. This encompasses, IDE clinical trials, troubleshooting and future product features. The incumbent is expected to act as a mentor for Field Clinical Engineers. The FCE collaborates with Regulatory, QA and R&D. This position is a remote role ideally based in Australia.
- Selection, training and monitoring of IDE Clinical site
- Conducting Field ResearchWork with FCE’s to resolve any and all study and technology related problems at clinical centers
- Facilitate Physician Protocol generation
- Organize the study sites and the follow-up documentation
- Facilitate the abstract process
- Recruit research centers
- Coordinate Data collection
- Work with FCE’s to resolve any and all study and technology related problems at clinical centers
- Liaison between R & D and Physicians
- Coordinate beta testing and feasibility studies
- Develop protocols
- Recruit Centers
- Conduct in-house testing of new products
- Facilitate submission of research for presentations
- Work with Nevro Corp and physicians to prepare scripts
- Work with Nevro Corp and physicians to prepare slides, overheads, and power point presentations
- Abstract and Manuscript preparation
- Conduct one on one clinical research education and training with physicians and staff.
- Coordinate with the manager of training and education for customer training for larger multi-center classes.
- Lecture at and participate in Regional and National training programs.
- Aid Physicians with technology
- Literature Searches
Generation of Literature
- Create tech memos
- Facilitate Sales and Marketing with Marketing literature review
Field Technical Responsibilities
- Follow-up with reported technical issues
- Troubleshoot field technical problems
- Respond to and document technical problems that put patients at risk
- Work with engineering to solve product issues
- Help explain issues to clinic personnel
- Assist in identifying key leaders in the field
- Help identify new technologies and new directions for existing technology
- Assist in reviewing Marketing materials
- Assist Sales to identify and target physicians
- Coordinate Data collection
- Work with the FCE director to resolve any issues that arise between FCE’s and sales personnel
- 6 years experience in the field in a technical or medical field with an MS degree in Engineering or no experience with a PhD
- MS degree in Engineering or higher degree, 8 years Field experience supporting an implantable device preferred
- Engineering, medicine, human physiology, physician and hospital practices, basic computer user skills, O.R. and customer relations etiquette.
- Be able to independently organize travel and daily work schedules. Good communication skills.
Nevro offers equal employment opportunity, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, marital or family status, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), physical or mental condition, protected veteran status, disability, age or other characteristics protected by laws.