The Network Security Engineer will be responsible for the provision and maintenance of the network infrastructure with skills in Palo Alto Firewall.
- 3-6 Months Contract (with the view to extend)
- Global Company
- Sydney CBD Location
A leading and reputable global mining company is currently looking for an experienced Network Security Engineer to provide Project services for the Network and Infrastructure team with skills in Networking and Palo Alto Firewall.Key Responsibilities:
- Provide implementation, provisioning and maintenance for the network infrastructure and Palo Alto Firewall.
- Provide 3rd level support for the Australia information and network system users.
- Ensure that the infrastructure and network systems procedural and technical documentation is up to date and develop new documentation as required.
- Monitor systems for utilisation, performance and security, providing recommendations for upgrades and manage resource optimisation as required.
- Assist the Information Technology team in the development, implementation or upgrade of the information systems.
- Update the hardware and software register including moves and changes.
- Update and maintain the IT change management system for new and existing change requests.
- Provide IT technical advice and support to other IT team members.
- 5+ year's experience in a large corporate or telco IP network communications environment.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or other relevant industry qualifications.
- Experience with LAN/WAN/VLAN technologies, management and troubleshooting techniques.
- Expert level knowledge and experience with Palo Alto Firewalls (Design, Build and Support).
- Knowledge of Cisco Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Wireless AP and Controllers, Load balancers, WAN accelerators, Content filters.
- Knowledge of IP security implementation, multi-vendor IPS, URL filtering.
- Knowledge of MPLS, BGP & Internet Exchange Peering.
- Certifications in Palo Alto and Cisco
please click on the appropriate link.