We are a professional membership body supporting 120 000+ diverse, talented and financially astute members. We employ over 350 people in 14 locations across Australia, New Zealand, UK and Asia. When you join us, you have an opportunity to develop great skills & strong networks and do something different and fresh with your career.
The Principal Advisor – NZ Audit Oversight reports to the Manager NZ Audit Oversight responsible for developing our monitoring capacity for auditors and audits to help direct our resources to where they are most needed.
- Working as a key member of the team responsible for monitoring auditors’ compliance with applicable laws and standards
- Undertaking work as required to assist us in complying with our regulatory responsibilities under the Auditor Regulation Act 2011, and other applicable legislation and requirements
- Preparation and distribution of information to communicate and report on our performance of our regulatory functions that relate to audit/assurance.
- Working with other CA ANZ teams as appropriate to prepare and present material to audit/assurance practitioners that assists practitioners to improve their compliance with professional obligations.
- Acting as a key point of contact with FMA, Companies Office, XRB, other stakeholders and our members on matters relating to audit regulation.
- Working with the Professional Conduct Team on matters concerning auditors, audit and assurance
- Drafting periodic regulatory reports to the NZ Regulatory Board
- Managing delivery of, and participating in, practice reviews of auditors, including reviews of the major audit firms and special investigations where required.
- Supervising the performance of tasks delegated to members of the Regulation Support Team and providing training and instruction to the relevant staff as required.
- Performing other regulatory functions as required including ad-hoc projects.
Great To have
- 5 years’ experience in external financial audit including progress to audit manager or similar level
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS and/or IPSAS financial reporting frameworks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Word & Excel)
- Understanding of governance practice in the context of Boards and/or advisory groups
- Ability to undertake some domestic travel
- CA Qualification or GAA Body equivalent
*For further details, please refer to the attached Job Description or visit Chartered Accountants ANZ career website https://www.charteredaccountantsanz.com/about-us/what-we-do/work-for-us
What’s in it for you
At Chartered Accountants ANZ, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the members we serve. As a value driven organisation, we collaborate for success, through integrity and being accountable for ourselves in the role we play to grow and improve as a team. Our benefits include Scholarship program, flexible workplace, staff benefits, monthly gatherings and internal Career development.