Nurse Unit Manager - Intensive Care Unit
- Competitive Salary with full time hours
- Exciting leadership role in Victoria
- Great Salary Packaging options
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Nurse Unit Manager with ICU/HDU or CCU experience to join a leading not-for-profit Hospital in Victoria.
The Nurse Unit Manager will provide leadership to the Department of Intensive Care. The Nurse Unit Manager will ensure the efficient and effective provision of care, based on the clinical standards ad best practice principles within collaboration with a Multi-Disciplinary team. You will coordinate the clinical, management, education and nursing research functions within the Intensive Care Department.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Leading and collaborating patient care with a multidisciplinary team within the Intensive Care Department
- Providing leadership and promoting an environment that is conducive to innovation and change
- Manage the operational budget along with the Director of Nursing and other top management to ensure financial budgets are set and managed appropriately.
- Monitor and report on the Intensive Care Departments performance and activity.
- Monitor and Manage staff performance and professional development.
- Actively participate in contributing towards the Quality, Safety and Work, Health and Safety processes in the hospital.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Unrestricted Registered Nurse status with AHPRA.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working in a similar rol
- Postgraduate Qualification in Critical Care or progression towards obtaining.
- Leadership Qualities.
- Current knowledge of legislative obligations for Equal Employment opportunity, Disability Services and Occupational Safety Health and how these impact on employment and service delivery.
- Relevant Post Graduate qualifications or progression to obtain within given speciality.
- Demonstrated experience as a change agent.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to know more click APPLY now or contact Lucy van der Merwe on 0421246381 or email for further information and/or a confidential discussion. I look forward to speaking with you soon.