We have been engaged to source a skilled Data Engineer to join a global consultancy to be involve in delivering a large multifaceted project. The primary focus of this role is to design, develop, build, install, test and evaluate data management solutions that utilise Big Data & Analytics platforms to satisfy a variety of data analytics use cases.
This will include development of relational and non-relational database architecture, database modelling and design, data curation, database performance management.
The purpose of the role is to ensure availability and quality of data required for data analytics tasks.
In this role you will perform the following function as individual assignments or as part of a team:
- database design, development and implementation,
- data modelling,
- optimisation of data storage and retrieval with a focus on security and performance, building and optimising data pipelines,
- curation of data to produce datasets suitable for data analytics.
- Develop and maintain database design and implementation documentation.
- Prepare system requirements, source analysis and process analysis throughout the database implementation.
- Implement and maintain database lifecycle management processes, ensuring effective use of available resources.
Coupled with your education and practical experience, you will demonstrate a pro-active approach with the ability to understand business needs and develop solutions to achieve company objectives.
- Substantial experience working in a similar role within an engineering or project environment,
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement solutions that satisfy complex analytical needs for access to large structured, unstructured and semi-structured datasets,
- Expert knowledge of and implementation experience with a broad range of technologies, including:
- Data storage and associated infrastructure,
- Data modelling and querying,
- Data integration & processing and associated infrastructure,
- Data security/ data access management,
- Metadata management and data cataloguing,
- Data curation and data quality.
To be consider for this role you will be able to demonstrate hands-on proven commercial experience with
- SQL technologies,
- Programming/ scripting in Python, Java,
- Data curation/ data quality management/ data preparation tools (such as Alteryx).
Highly desirable skills: familiarity with
- Understanding of Elasticsearch/ ELK Stack and Solr,
- Understanding of Big Data concepts and technologies,
- Familiarity with Power BI or other Data Analytics technologies,
- Familiarity with a broad range of data technologies, such as Postgres, Azure,
- Strong analytical skills working with both structured and unstructured data,
- Knowledge and application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field of Data Engineering,
- Strong ability to analyse and manipulate complex, high-volume data,
- Ability to work autonomously as well as contribute in a team and professional environment,
- Strong focus on customer service and outcomes,
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills,
- Proven ability to adapt and maintain a flexible approach to changing needs or priorities,
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to resolve complex technical issues
Due to the nature of the project there is a requirement that you hold or have the ability to hold NV1 Clearance. It would be highly advantageous if you currently hold a valid clearance.
If you feel you have what we are looking for, please forward your application to commence the selection process.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below.