Ampersand have been retained by a prestigious national law firm looking to appoint a Head of Communications to support their innovative growth mandate
- Prestigious Australian law firm
- High profile role working closely with CEO
- Focus on external communications and digital activity
Are you a passionate communications leader, with a background in journalism and experience managing integrated brand, marketing and digital initiatives?
If you love the challenge of presenting within a complex stakeholder matrix and have previous experience operating in professional services, this is the opportunity for you!
The successful candidate will play a critical role in delivering an integrated strategic communications plan across the firm. In this multi-faceted position, you will undertake a range of activities to help build and amplify the firm’s brand across the country, supporting the business development team with the acquisition of new clients as well as increasing revenue from the existing client base. You will be accustomed with translating business objectives into integrated communications plans and strategies for growth and importantly, you will lead a team of two direct reports and will coach and guide them to fulfill their professional growth plans.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining, developing and managing the firm’s media relations strategy, which will include speech writing, engagement with journalists, drafting press releases and media training
- Developing a comprehensive marketing and thought leadership strategy to enhance the client and employee value propositions
- Take ownership of the firms digital marketing activity, which includes website content and social media strategy
- Establish style guidelines and relevant branding policies
- Internal promotion for the firms marketing, communications, brand and digital strategy
To be successful, you are an inspiring and capable communications leader, have a background in journalism and a passion for media relations and driving change.
You have an engaging demeanor, with exceptional stakeholder engagement skills and a commitment to leading people through collaboration and empowerment.
A Communications professional at your core, you ideally possess brand, marketing campaign and social media experience gained from within a professional services environment, preferably law and have led at least one direct report.
This is a truly unique opportunity to transform this reputable brand into an innovative, client led firm of the future.
To apply for this unique role, please refer to the link below. Please also provide a cover letter of no more than one page, outlining your experience relevant to this highly sought-after position. For more information please apply to this role.