Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking an experienced Human Resources Advisor to join the HR team at the Superpit operation in Kalgoorlie.
This residential opportunity is set on a 5:2/4:3 Roster, working 9.5 hour days.
The HR Advisor provides professional advice and support to Senior Leaders, Supervisors and Employees, ensuring the best people management practices are maintained, according to KCGM policies and procedures, and adhering to state and federal legislation.
- Tertiary qualification in human resources, industrial relations or a related discipline, or significant practical experience to an equivalent level.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a generalist human resource role.
- A solid understanding of industrial relations legislative frameworks.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organisation, including Senior Management.
- Ability to think strategically and commercially, approach solutions creatively and consider organisation-wide impacts.
- Comprehensive experience in HR information system solutions.
- The ability to mentor and coach others.
- A strong understanding of the principles of confidentiality and business ethics.
- Must reside in the Goldfields region, or willing to relocate.
- Current West Australian Manual “C” Class drivers licence.
- A basic understanding of the Mine Safety Inspection Act and Regulations, and applicable Occupational Health and Safety (OH and S) legislation.
- A demonstrated understanding of worker's compensation legislation and practices.
- Experience within the Mining or Heavy Industrial sectors.
- Certificate IV or higher in Training and Assessment.
- Detailed knowledge of the KCGM business processes and related systems applications
- Advanced skills in using HRIS, Excel and SAMs (or other relationship databases)
- Well organised, including the ability to manage heavy workloads, multi-task, and confident in handling competing priorities.
- Able to cope well under pressure.
- Able to influence and persuade others.
- Confidence in presenting to groups of people, including those at Senior Leadership levels.
- The ability to lead, coach and mentor others.
Why work for us?
With a strong connection to the Kalgoorlie-Boulder community, KCGM offers you unparalleled opportunities to forge a career in the resource industry whilst enjoying the relative ease of living in a thriving regional city. Your dynamic, actioned-oriented days at KCGM will be immediately replaced by the comforts of home, friends and family just minutes from work, with all the facilities you would expect in larger metropolitan centres.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We offer competitive salary packages. Joining the KCGM team also means you are eligible for our industry leading Parental Leave entitlements, and Reward and Recognition programs.
About KCGM - Locally Owned and Operated
Proudly Western Australian owned, KCGM has been successfully operating the iconic Super Pit and Mt Charlotte underground mine for over 30 years. Our enviable success and global profile in the world’s richest square mile is surpassed only by our exciting future, with a number of significant growth opportunities in our open pit, underground and processing operations.