Established nearly 90 years ago, our client is one of the largest national Not For Profit service providers offering a large range of services including youth, child and family, community housing, residential aged care.
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a qualified and experienced Child and Family Support Worker. In this role you will be responsible for engaging with families referred to Prevention and Early Intervention services.
You will provide direct in-home support services to families, including after-hours and on-call services on a rotational basis as required.
This is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract, full time role offering 76 Hours Per Fortnight located in Hervey Bay, QLD.
- Undertake initial screening and intake processes, including conducting risk and needs assessments, provision of information, advice and referrals to universal and other community supports.
- Build rapport and effectively engage families in a positive and friendly manner, including the use of assertive outreach strategies to engage families in a strengths based approach.
- Utilise a range of assessment, crisis intervention, short term intervention skills and therapeutic approaches to provide both therapeutic and practical support services to families and individuals, based on the assessed priority of need and as outlined in the single case plan.
- Work collaboratively with the Local Level Alliance and other key stakeholders (family members, counsellors, school/teachers, police, health professionals, community support services) through negotiation of an intervention plan to meet the individual needs of the child, young person and their family.
To Be Successful
- Bachelor Degree qualification in child and family welfare, social work, psychology, social sciences or a related discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working with children and families exhibiting complex and multiple support needs;
- A good understanding of child development and trauma theory, to inform assessment and decision making
- Current Blue Card or ability to obtain
- Current National Police Clearance or willing to obtain one
- Current QLD driver's license
Salary and Benefits
12 Month Fixed term Contract.
You will receive benefits including 5 weeks of annual leave.
$35.72 P/HR - $70,582.72 PA + Superannuation + Salary Sacrifice.
Salary packaging (also known as salary sacrifice) is an arrangement between you and your employer where you pay for some items or services straight from your pre-tax salary. You can salary package computers, cars, childcare and super, for example. This can reduce your taxable income and put more money in your pocket.
Find out more about positions available at www.procareaustralia.com.au