Apply for this job
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as Legal Counsel in Dandenong, VIC.
Purpose of the Role:
The role of the Legal Counsel is to provide legal advice and contractual support to both bid and project work which Bombardier is involved in as delegated by Head of Contracts Australia. The candidate should have experience in providing legal advice on major projects and construction law, with a particular focus on PPP projects and project finance. The role will require skills working collaboratively in a team, negotiation and the ability to understand and explain complex contractual arrangements. Claims experience will also be considered an asset. The ability to travel to support bids and projects (primarily within Australia) is required.
The legal workload will fluctuate, so an ideal candidate will also have an interest working in the Bombardier business more generally; by assisting projects and procurement activities as appropriate.
Your key responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide legal oversight in relation to new tenders for Bombardier including: determining contract structure and strategy for terms and conditions for bids, working as part of the bid team for all bids allocated, preparing governance documents for Bombardier Corporate Governance, conducting negotiations of terms and conditions with partner and customers.
- Provide support to other functions involved in bid work including sales & marketing, project management, finance, insurance, bid management, engineering, structured finance, claims management to ensure team is aware of contractual framework, governance processes are adhered to and an optimum position is achieved for Bombardier
- Support Project Managers and Commercial Managers with ongoing projects through timely interpretation and application of the contractual terms, recommending and implementing contractual opportunities, minimising exposure to commercial risks and providing ad hoc legal advice as required (including claims management).
It is expected you will have the following qualifications, experience and personal characteristics:
- 4-5 years relevant experience providing legal advice on bid and project work for major projects in complex commercial environments, including PPPs.
- LLB and current practicing certificate for an Australian jurisdiction.
- Has experience in working in a multicultural environment (e.g. working in international teams, international projects etc.)
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signaling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Primary Location: AU-VIC-Dandenong
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 01.07.2020, 7:09:56 AM
Unposting Date: 31.07.2020, 11:59:00 PM
Apply for this job