Be a part of an energetic and high performing sales team who are committed to helping retailers grow their business through better shipping practices.
Powering delivery for Australia’s leading retailers including Sephora, General Pants, Harvey Norman and Kathmandu, Shippit is a powerful shipping engine for modern retailers that saves time, money and removes friction in the delivery process.
Shippit’s mission is to revolutionise how we send anything, to anyone, anywhere. Our team is creating a future where logistics infrastructure is connected through our technology to provide delivery experiences that are delightful and reduce waste.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Inside Sales Manager, our Outbound Sales Representative is responsible for generating new business opportunities to fuel the APAC sales pipeline via outbound prospecting. In this role, you will manage the sales process from end to end. You will also be involved in designing and implementing a sales strategy to ensure we meet our revenue objectives.
- Generating new business opportunities to fuel the APAC sales pipeline via outbound prospecting (calls, emails, LinkedIn, and other channels).
- Be responsible for your own pipeline from prospection to closing the sale.
- Conduct on-going research to identify new leads, obtain contact information and begin targeting (cold call drives, email campaigns, marketing material input).
- Guide the success of our clients by delivering an exceptional first experience and educating them on getting the most out of the products.
- Demonstrate a consultative selling approach and work with internal stakeholders to deliver the optimum shipping solution for customers.
- Enthusiastically attend networking events as necessary.
- When needed, assisting with inbound inquiries generated from marketing activities
- Diligently manage our CRM and various related sales tools provided to you.
- Providing feedback and suggestions to help continuously optimise business processes.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a sales development role
- Demonstrated experience in cold calling and prospecting
- Experience presenting product demonstrations face to face, through webinars and online calls
- Hyper-competitive, motivated, and driven to do what it takes to succeed
- Highly articulate and confident presenting in front of others
- Excellent communication, relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional in time management & prioritisation
- Positive, energetic and team-oriented with an unyielding passion for success
- A go-getter who wants to be a part of something big and a willingness to learn
- A proactive thinker with the ability to solve problems under pressure and identify opportunities for the business
- Experience in Retail, Customer Service or a SaaS sales environment is a huge plus
- Experience in selling to international markets preferred
We’re on a mission that needs the right humans to help make ship happen.
Our core values haven’t changed since launch, and we embrace and celebrate these values in our day-to-day. We love to push the envelope to break though old norms, make good sh**t taking passion and pride in our work, have a laugh through the good and challenging times and, we are good humans - we have heart and want to improve the world we live in whilst having fun along the way.
We’re a great place to work and we can back that up. Shippit’s been ranked as #7 in Linkedin’s Hottest Startups to work at in 2019 and have recently become an Endorsed Employer for Women. We have a high-performance culture, everyone can make a difference, together we make great ship happen.
We have an overriding focus on wellness are committed advocates for mental health awareness and gender pay equality & we’re committed to supporting and nurturing our team with perks like flexible work arrangements, above industry-standard parental leave and so much more!