MSS Security is Australia’s largest security company with over 7,000 security professionals across Australia; and a national infrastructure including offices in the capital cities of all states and territories.
Due to recent and successful win of contracted services in the local Mount Isa region, we require a Local Security Site Manager available to commence 1st August 2020. $103,000 plus superannuation (circa). This role will form part of our professional development framework. Successful candidates will be enrolled in our leadership and development program within 12 months. The successful candidate must be willing to relocate to the Mount Isa region. Please state that you are willing to relocate in your cover letter.
Locally based, you will work core hours being that Monday – Friday business hours, however be contactable 24/7 to manage all aspects of the service delivery to the contract including staff management. The Site Manager will be responsible for:
- Management of Security personal to the contract
- Manage/coordinate induction and training for security personnel
- conducting performance reviews of contract Shift Supervisors
- conducting one on one performance reviews of all contract assigned security personnel
- contributing to maintaining high staff retention levels through team building and leadership.
- Staff and roster coordination, training and equipment matters.
- development and management of Site Security Instructions SSI’s
- Management of contract Risk Assessment and Safe Work Method plans
- facilities monthly staff tool box meetings
- day to day liaison with the contract representatives and other key stakeholders
- ensuring adherence to all Client and MSS Security policy and procedures
- assist the contract manager to ensure compliance to the contract
- preparing and submitting monthly statistics and performance achievement reports
- attending client contract meetings
Desired Skills and Experience
- Certificate II in Security Operations
- Hold an Individual Class 1 Security Licence – Unarmed Security Officer
- Hold current Senior First Aid and CPR certification.
- Drug and Alcohol Testing certification
- Current Queensland Drivers Licence
- Demonstrated extensive experience managing staff
- Excellent operational skills.
- Have an intermediate to advanced level of proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to write thorough incident reports and logs (Word and Excel).
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent personal presentation and customer service skills
- Ability to follow instructions and multi task during pressure situations
- Statement of attainment Conduct Fire Team Operations - RIIERR201E
- Competency - RIIRIS301 (G1) Apply Risk Management Processes, RIIWHS301 (G8) Conduct Safety and Health Investigations, RIICOM301 (G9) Communicate Information
- Competency - Driving on the lease - RIIHAN206E Transport plant, equipment and personnel, RIIVEH201D Operate Light Vehicle
- Certificate or higher in Leadership and Management