MSS Security is Australia’s largest security company with over 7,000 security professionals across Australia; and a national infrastructure including offices in the capital cities of all states and territories.
Due to recent and successful win of contracted services in the local Mount Isa region, we have full time opportunities available for experienced Mobile Patrol Security Officers opportunities to commence 1st August 2020. The successful candidate must be willing to relocate to the Mount Isa region. Please state that you can relocate in your cover letter.
Locally based, you will work within the permanent rotational 4 on 4 off roster and will be responsible for conducting regular mobile patrols and inspections of client lease, owned properties/housing within the local community. To identify and report damage and potential security risks.
- Provide a visual security presence
- Conduct Mobile vehicle and foot patrols, checks for suspicious occurrences
- Open and close activities as directed
- Reports security and general maintenance problems to the proper authorities
- Enforces procedural rules and regulations
- Ensures the personal safety of staff, visitors, and property
- Maintains security and safety for assigned area
- Maintains working knowledge of the locations of leases, buildings, access routes and admitting requirements
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Respond to security emergencies
- Escorting of vehicles
- Public relations / customer service
- Maintains electronic logs and records of occurrences,
- Complete necessary paperwork
- Use appropriate methods of communication (eg radio, phone, log books) to report incidents and issues
Desired Skills and Experience
- Certificate II in Security Operations
- Hold an Individual Class 1 Security Licence – Unarmed Security Officer including crowd control
- Hold current Senior First Aid and CPR certification.
- Current Queensland Drivers Licence
- minimum 1 years’ experience in security industry
- Have an intermediate level of proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong communication skills and use of radio
- Ability to write thorough incident reports and logs (Word and Excel).
- Ability to follow instructions and multi task during pressure situations
- Statement of attainment Conduct Fire Team Operations - RIIERR201E
- Competency - Driving on the lease - RIIHAN206E Transport plant, equipment and personnel, RIIVEH201D Operate Light Vehicle