A fabulous opportunity to lead the Education and Training side of an organisation that's making a difference to young people's lives in our community.It’s time to make a difference
Are you a motivated and energetic leader within the Education and Training sector, with experience leading collaborative teams to consistently deliver high quality and innovative programs to young people? Are you driven to contribute your skills and experience to make a difference in our community? Does the prospect of developing educational strategies and models to support at risk youth to overcome their hurdles to growth and success excite you?
If so, we may have the job for you! BackTrack Youth Works (‘BackTrack’) is a local not-for-profit organisation that helps young people get their lives back on track and chase their hopes and dreams. BackTrack is looking for an experienced Head of Education & Training to design and implement a progressive and comprehensive Education and Training strategy and Annual Plan which will include alternative education and Vocational Education & Training (VET) initiatives that supports transition into the workforce or other education avenues. Your role will also contribute to staff training, mentoring and coaching programs within the organisation.
You will work collaboratively with a diverse and committed staffing team across the organisation to oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the organisation’s Education and Training program. This provides pathways that will support and empower the young people at BackTrack to learn skills and take on knowledge that will help them overcome and move beyond barriers that hold them back. The education and training they receive with us helps to them achieve their goals. All of this aims to prepare them to be confident, capable members of our community. It is a fantastic opportunity to contribute your significant Education sector skills and experience to an organisation that is achieving great success supporting at risk youth.
You will be responsible for:
What you need
- Developing and implementing an annual plan that aligns with BackTrack’s Education and Training Strategy.
- Leading a team to deliver on the objectives set out in the Education and Training Strategy including the management of the day-to-day operations of the Education and Training Program.
- Managing key stakeholder relationships.
BackTrack are looking for a Head of Education and training with:
- Relevant qualification, i.e. Bachelor of Education / Diploma of Teaching
- Experience in the education of at risk youth
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, monitor and report against education and training programs
- Experience leading and managing teams and an ability to lead teams through change
- Ability to work collaboratively and build rapport and excellent working relationships with team members and program participants
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity and experience working in cross-cultural settings
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, varying communication style depending upon the audience
- Demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships and mutually beneficial working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders and the community
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable to constantly changing circumstances and in the face of unexpected challenges
- Computer literacy, including proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and data management programs
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence, Working with Children Check (WWCC), First Aid Certificate and National Criminal Record Check
To learn about the remaining selection criteria, and to obtain the Candidate Information Book and details of how to apply, please contact the Consultants assisting with the recruitment process, Pinnacle People Solutions, on 1300 856 231. Alternatively, please email enquiries to email@example.com. Closing date for applications: 30 July 2020