Casual shifts for an experienced Disability Support Worker who is able to get around North Brisbane to see clientsDisability Support Worker – North Brisbane Command On-Call are looking for Disability Support Workers who are passionate about providing in-home care to those who depend upon it to maintain a level of independence.
You must have a minimum of 12 months paid experience in a similar disability support role.
Services you may provide include:
- In-home disability support
- Transitional care
- Hospital in the home
- Palliative care
We are looking to work with experienced Disability Support Workers who are willing to be a key part of upholding our vision to help all clients live safely and independently at home
, improving quality of life. Working in through the Northern suburbs of Brisbane
, it is essential
you have your own vehicle and hold a valid, unrestricted car licence and are open to casual shifts initially. The role:
Duties may include assisting with personal care, domestic assistance, social support, respite, and transportation within the community. As a Disability Support Worker your mission is to support clients to remain in their own homes and empower them to do this with as much independence as possible.
- Provide high quality supports in accordance with the individuals Care Plan, policies and procedures and the NDIS practice standards
- Plan, provide and review supports in collaboration with the individual and their networks to ensure they provide for their holistic well-being
- Build positive relationships and communicate appropriately with clients, their families, and networks
- Consult and provide feedback to the Management team regarding client outcomes, needs, concerns and risks identified
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to provide personal and domestic care including cooking meals, and create a non-judgmental environment
- Be available to cover shifts as needed
- Flexibility around varied shift lengths and rotating over a 7-day roster
- Proven experience in supporting people with high care needs
- CHC33015 - Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) or similar is essential
- Australian National Police check (within 3 years)
- Eligibility to work in Australia
- 2020 flu vaccination and proof of this
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate
- Essential to have a valid Yellow or Blue Card
- Smart mobile phone
- Driver's licence and your own car
- Comprehensive car insurance
If you are an experienced Disability Support Worker who is able to get around North Brisbane
for work, and who meets the above requirements, then get in touch with our team at Command On-Call today to register your interest.
At Command ON-CALL we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.