Having been recognised as a Retailer of the year, with 90% of our team being proud to work here & recommending PETstock as a great place to work, we’ve built a business based on family values and the passion for pets. Everyday we’re growing & expanding…and even after almost 20 years, this remains PETstock’s DNA! With more than 160 sites across Australia and New Zealand and over 20 clinics, we’re proud to provide our customers with good old fashioned customer service, offering a wide range of products, food & services for all pets, big & small…and we want you to be part of the PETstock family.
PETstock VET Carrum Downs is looking for a Part time or Casual Vet Nurse - Apply now!How are we different?
Our Location – by the sea!
- Family Values – PETstock VET is a 100% Australian family-owned and operated business where family values are more than just a tagline. We are the first veterinary group to become
- Breastfeeding Friendly Accredited and offer complimentary counselling sessions to all PETstock VET staff through the Employee Assistance Program.
- Support Office – as opposed to “Head Office” we are here to support our vet teams to accomplish the best possible outcomes for their clinics. PETstock VET Support Office is staffed entirely by vets and vet nurses most of who have either worked in PETstock clinics in the past or own PETstock practices themselves.
Only 30 minutes from the CBD, Carrum Downs is only a short distance away from beautiful beaches and the Mornington Peninsula!
Why we are different – purpose built hospital and brand new equipment
PETstock VET Carrum Downs has now been open for 7 years, so we have a well-established clientele and team. It is a lovely and fast paced working environment as there are always people around even at the extremes of the day when normal private practices can get a bit lonely!
Our practice is purpose built with the newest and latest equipment. We offer DR digital X-ray processing, a full iM3 dental suite, state of the art anaesthetic monitoring equipment, full In house pathology, orthopaedic surgery and much more! We have a lovely staff of 1 full time and 3 part time vets, and 7 nurses. Dr. Albert Lim, our head vet is also the practice owner, and together with his vibrant and experienced team of vets and nurses, we offer high quality medicine and surgery to our clients.
Our amazing staff discounts mean that staff pets usually have all the latest treats and toys. We also have a veterinary support team at head office to help you with management tasks & developing your leadership skills if you have the desire to work towards more senior roles in your career.
Our clinic hours are 8am-7pm Monday to Friday and 9am-5pm Saturdays and 10am-4pm Sundays, however we are currently closed on Sundays due to COVID-19.
Requirements of the role:
- Cert IV in Veterinary Nursing, with minimum 2 years’ experience
- Excellent team relationship skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable within a team environment
- Must have pathology and surgical skills, with opportunity to do small procedures with a Vet present
- 25-30 hours per week required
- Ability to work 3 days a week and every 3rd Saturday. No work on Public holidays required.
- Willingness to learn and motivation to provide top notch customer service
If this exciting opportunity sounds like the perfect role for you, please forward your application with a cover letter and resume explaining your relevant experience by clicking the APPLY NOW button.
For additional information please phone Danielle Gaynor-Hinett on 0434 730 970 or you can email a resume & cover letter to her on [email protected]