Seven West Media is the leading listed national multi-platform media business based in Australia. We comprise Channel Seven, the leading free to air capital city television network, Western Australia’s leading newspapers The West Australian, the Sunday Times and associated WA regional newspapers, Community News Group’s associated mastheads and digital assets TheWest.com.au and PerthNow.com.au.
Seven West Media has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Systems Administrator to join the Technology Team.
Based in our Osborne Park office and reporting to the Infrastructure Operations Team Lead, this role is focused on providing Infrastructure Support services to the SWM WA Business units.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Support for Infrastructure systems (specifically including Linux, Check Point, F5, AWS, O365)
- Maintain core network and firewall environments
- Manage Enterprise Storage and Servers
- Maintain existing Desktop, Mac and Server standard operating environment (SOE)
- Implement new and improve existing systems to enhance business processes
- Ensure integrity, reliability and availability of Infrastructure systems
- Provide peer support for other staff in the IT Department
- Maintain a good working knowledge of enterprise technology and best practice security
- Provide shift-roster and afterhours support as and when required
- Travel to remote sites to provide support as required
To be successful in this position, you will:
- Extensive and demonstrated knowledge of Linux Server administration – including patch management
- Strong knowledge of AWS - Compute, Storage, Networking and Security desirable
- Good working knowledge of Check Point Firewalls, VPN’s and general Cisco networking
- Knowledge and understanding Windows Server and VMWare
- Good working knowledge of Server Hardware CISCO UCS
- Good working knowledge of SAN environments.
- Experience with O365 and supporting technologies
- Experience in working within an ITIL environment and providing extensive problem analysis
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in IT Support of an Enterprise environment
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Good time management
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to work in a changing and fast paced environment
An attractive remuneration package and access to great benefits, including on site gym, is available for the right candidate. If this is you, please apply by submitting your written application including a covering letter outlining why you are expressing interest in the position and what you can bring to the role and a resume detailing your qualifications and experience.