About the Organisation
Mamre is a community-driven organisation that works with families, so they plan and build rich, meaningful and inclusive lives.
About the Role
We are seeking support staff to join an established team who are passionate and committed to assisting a young male and to actively participate in his local community. We have more than one position casual available with flexible hours.We want a team that will inspire him, challenge him and assist him to live his best life.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- A values-based approach to their work
- Work within a team and alongside the parents
- The successful candidates will be available on call for multiple shifts on a 24/7 roster.
- Physically and emotionally resilient
- Demonstrated experience working alongside people with disabilities, and an ability to listen and respond in accordance to specific training, protocols and directions when complex situations arise
- Have patience, maintain a sense of calm and a desire to build a positive relationship with the person you will be assisting
- Be willing to assist with personal hygiene and care
- Willingness to learn and use participant’s preferred method of communication
- Relevant qualifications and/or relevant experience
- Current blue and yellow card
- Current first aid and CPR qualifications
- Current Australian driver’s licence
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate
- Work in an organisation where relationships are nurtured and a shared vision for quality service, family relationships and interdependence is encouraged
- Work life balance
- Work Locally
- Make a positive contribution by assisting people with disabilities achieve independence in the community and at home
How to Apply
Please click on to "Apply"
Application will be closed on August 9th 2020.
For all enquiries please contact Michael Ayres on 07 3622 1222.
To find out more about Mamre please visit www.mamre.org.au.
At Mamre, we all contribute towards a healthy organisational culture by aligning our workplace behaviour to our core values and vision of Mamre.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below.