Mason Bros Vegetable Farms, located in Werribee South, is an industry leader in growing and supplying fresh cut vegetables throughout Australia. We are currently seeking an experienced Production Horticulture Supervisor to join our Team.
Our business is seasonal with fluctuating daily work volumes, therefore it is essential that you are able to work flexible hours (normally Monday to Saturday)
Start times are typically as early as 5am but can vary depending on weather and other factors.
This is a "Hands On" Supervisory Role that will often see you assisting your team to achieve daily work targets.
The expected Salary for this position would be between $50,000 - $65,000 per annum depending on experience.
- Organising and Supervising 15-20 Harvest staff on a day to day basis with the ability to work confidently across all crop varieties and commodities
- Co-ordination of Work Site Activities
- Managing Quality & Presentation of Produce
- Stock Control
- Communicating with Management
- Identifying and reporting any unusual crop pests or diseases
- Ensure that Harvesting Equipment is correctly maintained
- Operate Chemical Application Machinery and Equipment
- Prepare and Apply Chemicals
- Establish and Regulate Crops
- Conduct Product Assessments and Daily Reporting Activities
- Maintain a High Standard of Safety at all Times
It is Essential that you...
- Have Previous Experience with the Horticulture Sector or hold a relevant qualification such as Certificate III, IV, Advanced Diploma or equivalent
- Hold A Current Drivers Licence
- Hold HR or HC Truck Licence
- Hold a Current Fork Lift Licence with operation experience
- Have experience operating Farm Machinery Such as Tractors, Harvesters, Planters etc.
- Supervise with a "Hands On" Attitude
- Are team orientated and flexible to undertake a variety of tasks
- Are available 6 per days per week (hours can differ during peak harvest seasons)
- Have the right to work and reside in Australia