Nova Systems is the largest Australian owned and controlled Defence engineering services company. Since our foundation in Adelaide 20 years ago, Nova Systems and its people have been providing sovereign capability to the Australian Defence Force - playing a critical role in the defence and security of our nation.
As an organisation which has grown from two employees 20 years ago, to over 850 full time employees and active sub-contractors across Australia and around the globe, we are accustomed to navigating and finding solutions to solve the problems that matter with pace and agility.
With revenue of over AUD 200 million, Nova Systems is a significant contributor to the Australian economy and national supply chain - providing jobs for Australians and contributing to the nation's GDP.
About the opportunity:
We are currently seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from experienced Defence Operations Specialists, ideally with tactical and operational warfighting backgrounds, to join our growing team of highly respected operations personnel in Newcastle.
What will you be involved in:
- Designing, developing and preparing operational missions for high-end warfighter training;
- Coordination of operational exercise needs and training audience liaison;
- Supporting mission management and execution of live and simulated training exercises;
- Participating in live and synthetic Large Force Employment (LFE) training activities;
- Support to post activity analysis and definition of lessons learned.
What we would like from you:
- ADF Operational qualifications / experience in either of the following: Air Combat Officer, Specialist Warfare Officer, Operations Support, Ground or Maritime Liaison, C4ISR, or Military Aircrew;
- To be an excellent communicator, who enjoys working in close-knit operator teams, and with the ability to build rapport with our clients;
- A demonstrated operational culture and experience working in dynamic environments, making materiel contribution to high-end warfighter training;
- An Australian Citizen with an active or recently suspended AGSVA NV2 clearance;
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the ADF operational environment;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to consult to a diverse group of clients;
- A passion for contributing to warfighter capability in leading edge operational environments;
- Be a team player with a can-do attitude.
- Experience operating in coalition operations and/or exercises;
- Experience in the Defence Training environment;
- 10 years' experience in the ADF operational environment;
- Air Warfare Instructor Course (or equivalent) post-graduate qualification;
- ADF instructor qualification;
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment;
- Certificate IV in Workplace Coaching.
What you get beyond the pay cheque:
With a strong company culture and high retention rate, Nova has been recognised as one of "Top 50 best places to work" in Australia and Singapore for many consecutive years. In addition, Nova was recently ranked in the "Top 50 Most Innovative Companies" in Australia.
- Flexible working conditions;
- Access to Defence Health, Travel and Life Insurance;
- Personal and Professional Development Allowance and Leave;
- Reserve Leave;
- Loyalty Leave;
- Purchased Leave;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice;
- Serious Illness Leave;
- Nova Employee Share Offer;
- Mentoring Program;
- Innovation Program;
- Annual 3-day Conference;
- Do you own a Safari Suit or Kaftan? Sense of humour required!
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button and submit your resume using the "upload resume" function.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion contact Emma in Nova's Talent Acquisition Team on (08) 8252 7100.
Nova Group does not accept any recruitment agency solicitation.